Dear fine folks:
A few items for your consideration:
1) December 13th: In Search of Good Food Benefit Show at El Rio, with Cotillion, Conspiracy of Venus, Jeremy Dalmas & You. Details are at the bottom of this message (flyer available upon request). Please spread the word!
2) Blog: Updates to this list (& other really exciting things) will one day (soon) be posted (HERE) at seaweedsway.blogspot.com. Bookmark it now!
3) Clothing Swap: We just got rid of the extra clothes from our last swap, which means it's about time to have another. If you are interested in going, please let me know what weeknights or weekends this month you could attend. I'll let you know when we settle on a date to have it. Maybe we will combine it with a Tarot party?
4) Raw Food Potluck: There is talk of having one of these soon. It's been over a year! The bus stop co-op may be up for hosting, and their weekly potlucks are on Wednesday nights. I don't know when the raw themed one would be yet, but please reserve a few Wednesdays in December and January for an evening of yummy living foods and friends.
5) Yoga Classes: Do you have a space that is big enough to hold 5 or more yoga mats with slowly moving people on them? If so, would you be up for hosting a yoga class? I haven't taught any group classes in awhile and need to practice, plus it's good peaceful fun for the mind, body, and spirit! The classes I intend to teach will be a blend of Integral Yoga (basic beginner's hatha) and other yoga styles I have learned over the years.
6) Events!: Last but definitely not least, please scroll down to see a list of upcoming food & farming, music, dance, and miscellaneously themed events!
Thanks for reading,
12/5 Wednesday The Garden, Dance & Audiovisual Performance, at Stanford 8pm free
12/6 Thursday Surprise Me Mr. Davis at the Independent $13/$15
12/8 Sat Alemany Farm Workday 12-5pm free12/11 Tues California Food & Justice Coalition Meet-Up 3-6pm free
12/13 Thursday Benefit Show for In Search of Good Food, Cotillion, Conspiracy of Venus, Jeremy Dalmas & You at El Rio, 5-9pm, $5-$1000
First Weekend in January & February Axis Syllabus Dance Workshops in SF (Details to be announced)
The Garden: an audio-visual-kinetic performance, 8pm
by Erika Tsimbrovsky and Vadim Puyandaev, Stanford University, Dinkelspiel Auditorium, 471 Lagunita Drive, FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Long-time collaborators Erika Tsimbrovsky (choreography/dance) and Vadim Puyandaev (visual art) come together with Albert Mathias (music/soundscape) and dancers Kira Kirsch and Suzanne Lappas for an evening-length improvisational performance. Come to the garden, full of old memories that cannot be expressed in words…
Public Transportation: Take Caltrain to the Palo Alto station. Walk, bike, or ride Marguerite Line B (free shuttle) to Lagunita Drive. Some resources: Caltrain Schedule, Bicycle/pedestrian campus map , Transit.511
From 280 North and South: Exit at Sand Hill Rd. and head east. Turn right onto Santa Cruz Ave. then immediately left onto Junipera Serra. Take the second left onto Campus Drive East (do not take Campus Drive West), turn left onto Mayfield Ave, which curves around to the left. Park in the large parking lot on the right.
From 101 North and South: Exit at Embarcadero Rd. and head west. Veer slightly left after El Camino Real, as Embarcadero turns into Galvez. Turn left onto Campus Drive. Turn right onto Mayfield, which curves around to the left. Park in the large parking lot on the right.
Surprise Me Mr. Davis (The Slip + Nathan Moore) at The Independent, 8pm, $13/$15
hear songs here: myspace.com/surprisememrdavis
Surprise Me Mr. Davis & Sensations!! View Details »
Thursday December 06 2007 8 PM
The Independent 628 Divisadero St
San Francisco, CA 94117
Surprise Me Mr. Davisfeaturing The Slip + Nathan Moorew/ Sensations
presented by:reapandsow, Another Planet Entertainment & Sapporo technologies provided by Me.Dium
12/8 Sat... and on every first & third Sunday of the month, plus Saturdays in between
Alemany Farm Workdays , 12-5pm: everyone is welcome! just show up. bring water, a snack, and sunscreen if you want. location: Alemany Farm in/near Bernal Heights, off highway 280, accessible by bus and bike as well. harvest distribution at 4:30 for volunteers. calendar, map, and details are here: http://www.alemanyfarm.org/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
12/11 Tuesday California Food & Justice Coalition Member Meet Up in Oakland, 3pm – 6pm:
Help guide our work to transform California's food system We invite you to attend the California Food and Justice Coalition's
San Francisco Bay Area Member Meet Up on Tue. Dec. 11th, 3pm – 6pm, 1000 Broadway, 5th floor, Oakland. (BART Stop: 12th Street, Oakland)
This meeting is for YOU – our members and allies - to learn about and help guide our coalition in its path towards becoming a more powerful political force and creating an equitable, just and sustainable food system for all of us. Learn about and provide feedback on our coalition's new training and mentoring program. How can our emerging training and mentorship program best support groups like yours? Determine our campaign and policy priorities on a local, state andfederal level for the next two to three years. What should we advocate for over the next two years? This meeting is one of up to a dozen member meetings that CFJC will be hosting around the state over the coming two months in order to answer these two questions. This event is co-hosted by Alemany Farm, Food First, University of California Cooperative Extension and the Eco Village Learning Center. The California Food and Justice Coalition is a statewide membership coalition committed to the basic human right to healthy food while advancing social, agricultural, environmental and economic justice. Through advocacy, organizing and education, we collaborate with community-based efforts to create a sustainable food supply for the residents of California. We envision a California food system in which all activities, from farm to table, are equitable, healthful, regenerative and community-driven. We encourage you to contact us prior to the meeting and give us your opinion on what our policy programs should be over the coming years. RSVP to email@example.com , 510-704-0245.
12/13 ThursdayBenefit Show (part 2) for "In Search of Good Food" (the film), at El Rio, 5-9pm:
The choir I'm in is performing! We will sing these songs to you: soldier's things by tom waits, venus as a boy by bjork, blue by joni mitchell, i'm your man and who by fire by leonard cohen, and karitas habundat by hildegard von bingen.
Cotillion will be playing Psychadelic Folk (side project with members from Botticellis and Bright Eyes) http://myspace.com/yocotillion & Conspiracy of Venus (unique women's choir, see above) will be performing too. http://conspiracyofvenus.blogspot.com/ Jeremy Dalmas and You (interactive musical experimentation) opens, so get there on time! http://myspace.com/jeremydalmas
In Search of Good Food is a film-in-the-making about CA's emerging sustainable food system For details or if you want to help, contact Good Food Productions (Antonio & Jesse) at firstname.lastname@example.org, and check out their official webblogsite insearchofgoodfood.blogspot.com. Come early to this one (starts at 5); you may even have time to go to your next event afterwards (ends at 9 for Brazilian dance band)!