Friday, February 28, 2020

Amnesia's Last Day + Bday Party with Sean Hayes, Slow Motion Cowboys, The Moni Cache, & more Saturday *4-8pm* FREE


This Saturday Feb. 29th is Amnesia's Last Day, which is a heartbreaking reality. (I am in denial.)

Moni Cash & I decided to celebrate our birthdays on this day this year, before we knew the news. 
Pretending we are leap year babies!!! 

We got the early show slot, so we'll be there from 4 to 8pm.* Join us?!




The story of the show: 

Sean Hayes is playing a solo set for the occasion!

Sean connected me to Shawn Magee and Amnesia 10 years ago, which led to my promoting there for 7+ years. 
I'm eternally grateful!

Sean & his music have been a part of that space for a long time, at tiny open mics to full house NYE parties.
It feels right to have him serenade Amnesia with one more set of songs.

(This video of his actually features Amnesia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtZy4bZf4J8)
......

I'm also so excited that one of my favorite new bands, THE Moni Cache, will be playing (featuring Bday Lady Moni Cash & Percussion Maestro John Merrill)! 
Treat your ears here: http://monicash.bandcamp.com
(This song is a favorite in our household.)
.......

Pete & Slow Motion Cowboys have been a staple for many of my past birthday shows (thank you!), & we are still welcoming Pete back to town, plus we need an SF native to commemorate the end of such a historic musical era. Here's one of my fave SMC songs with an old-school video to go with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOCnPb-yDso

I'm thrilled they're gonna bring it for this finale... fresh off their tour with Margo Cilker & An American Forrest!!
I had the pleasure of seeing these three play in December, and they sound really good together.

They will all be opening the show on Saturday.
That means, be early if you can!! Super early!! 
4pm early!
.......

B-day Request: If you really want to talk talk/ chit-chat/ converse, please try and do it 4-5pm before the music starts, when bands are switching, or outside away from the door, to help create space for the music.

The show is FREE! Donations are welcome/encouraged to help pay the bands. 

This gorgeous poster was donated by Misisipi Mike!
Mike is doing his own fundraiser for a new computer to make more eyeball pleasing posters, click here to support/share
He moved to MN recently, so I am happy he is part of the show through his art.
He rallied to make many beautiful posters for last-minute-shows at Amnesia over the years, in addition to playing there regularly. 

By the way, I haven't put on a show in over a year, and just decided I would love nothing more for my birthday than to see friends gather. So, I hope you can make it!

Thanks so much.
Jessie

ps - PLEASE VOTE THIS TUESDAY MARCH 3RD. I endorse bernie sanders for prezshahid buttar for congress ca-12, & jackie fielder for state senate!!! I will post my full list of SF voting recommendations here: http://facebook.com/theseaweedsway

*There is a rad late show happening too, with Indianna Hale & friends!

No comments: