yoga tomorrow, chasing the moon w/ foxtails brigade, cafe du nord & swap sunday
a few announcements, and then an exciting list of events!
1) there was a lunar eclipse last night (that was not visible to backyard skywatchers) - but what is visible is the new chasing the moon episode. this is a podcast of local bands w/ a new episode released every every full moon. foxtails brigade are featured in honor of this month's lunar eclipse. watch it here: http://chasingthemoon.pdcst.com & see them play at their 7" release show this sunday at cafe du nord w/ devotionals, garrett pierce, & agent ribbons.
2) east bay swap this sunday! bring all the things you want to get rid of that someone else may want.
3) want to play guitar in a band? my herbalist is looking for a second guitarist for a new band he's forming that will do Grateful Dead covers, some originals, & some other covers. email Joshua Muscat if you're interested, or pass it on to anyone who might want to join.
4) looking for housing in the SF Bay area? I used to have a regular old email list for this, but it's grown, so I just started a google group where people can sign up to receive SF Bay housing announcements. Basically, I just pass on any housing announcements I receive. You can sign up here or pass on the link to friends who are looking. http://groups.google.com/group/looking-for-housing Also, feel free to send me any housing announcements you receive so I can pass them on.
5) yoga tomorrow (friday)! i am teaching 2 or 3 classes at the yoga loft. come if you can! details below.
restorative yoga. 11-12:30. at the yoga loft! this is a time to deeply relax, let go of extra stress, and renew your energy through restorative yoga poses that support the parasympathetic nervous system. http://theloftsf.com
hatha yoga: all levels, 1 hour class. 3-4pm. this class may or may not be happening. email me if you want to go, and i'll let you know if it's on... http://theloftsf.com $10
community yoga class. 5-6:30pm. $10. i'm subbing for andrea this week. gentle hatha yoga for all levels. at the yoga loft again. :) http:theloftsf.com 321 divisadero st. @ page st.
Jai Uttal @ the Swedish American Music Hall. 7pm doors, 7:30 starts. $10. right above Cafe du Nord. http://cafedunord.com
Clothing Swap in Oakland! especially for those of you who aren't able to make it to the SF swaps, but also for those up for a journey to the east bay. 3-5pm. 362 Fairmount Ave. Oakland 94611 email jamie freedman or call 734-276-9283if you have questions. they'll welcome smallish items as well. everything not taken home will be donated to the Emeryville Community Action Program.
8-10 monday. potluck & acoustic show @ the caretakers house w/ Sleepy Todd, Chaz Prymek (Lake Mary), James Miska. 8pm. bring food &/or donation. myspace.com/ (jamesmiska, lakemarymusic, sleepytodd) 848 divisadero st. @ mccallister st.
community yoga class at the caretakers house. 6:15-7:45pm. arrive by 6:10 to set up. rsvp if you're new. donations will go towards the purchasing of more props, such as blocks, bolsters, and blankets. let me know if you have requests! 848 divisadero st. @ mccallister st. http://caretakers-sf.orghttp://seaweedswayyoga.blogspot.com
acoustic show at the yoga loft w/ lauren brown, sleepy todd, & michael musika! benefit for studio renovations. early show! 6:30pm doors, 7-9:30pm music. $5-15 donations. 321 divisadero st. @ page st. http://theloftsf.com
*to subscribe to the weekly-ish email version of this list, to say hi, or to suggest an event or update (a sentence or two description w/ the who, what, where, when), please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org