Dear Friends,
I think there’s something really beautiful about staying in connection as relationships shift forms.
Thus, with all the feelings and love of what is, I’m having a divorce party, with my now ex-husband Jesse!
With great appreciation of supportive community at this time, in this experiment of unusual celebrating, we would love for you to be there!
On Saturday 9/26 from 6:30-9:30, we are celebrating at the Make-Out Room, where we met in November 2011.
(Jesse & I first met because he won the first ever ticket giveaway I did for a Seaweed Sway show. I pulled his name out of a hat! Thx to sf chalkboard.)
We are celebrating Beginnings & Endings, & New Pathways ~ since we are still friends, and also! Because the Make-Out Room is being sold, and it’s been a wild beautiful ride there with Martin Rapalski at the helm.
A music venue can change people’s lives! The Make-Out Room has been a haven for new music and dance parties and occasionally the great Jonathan Richman. Also! Comedy, literary nights, cabaret shows, record swaps, write-a-letter-to-a-
So, we are celebrating the End of an Era, of the Make-Out Room as we know it, and of Jessie and Jesse on Jessie Street. 
Please join us!
Saturday 9/26
Seaweed Sway Presents:
A music show with
Warm Spell, Compersion, & Charlie Stellar
Celebrating Beginnings, Endings, & New Pathways
Doors 6:30, Show 7-9:30pm
Make Out Room, 3225 22nd St, SF
$15 at the door
empathetic alien poster, by charlie stellar :)
“Warm Spell is a UFO, unidentifiable and zooming, chanting and gurgling while narrating a particular moment in time, playing off a particular space or location visitation. Warm Spell is fleeting: they keep the excitation of an amorphous gelatin field in the Ultra-Deep Fornax constellation alive and no one knows what’s happening until it’s over.” https://warmspell.bandcamp.com
Compersion ~ on tour from Tucson, Arizona, & the original reason for the show! ~ is an “eclectic mix of strings, winds, and percussion, creating sublime grooves to help you hover just above the earth”. Compersion is comprised of Ryvyr Nyx (6 string violin), C.J. Boyd (upright bass, bass guitar), & Beck Turro (marimba, clarinet), and they have a new album “A Current At Bay.” https://compersion.bandcamp.com
Charlie Stellar, one of my very best friends on the planet, is opening the night! “If Eddie Vedder and Alanis Morissette were to have a musical lovechild, it would undoubtedly love her music.” :) “A passionate artist in many creative realms”, including dance and visual realms, Charlie’s been a huge creative inspiration to me since we’ve met on the floor at Feldenkrais class. I’m eager for friends to get a taste of what she’s brewing musically. https://thecharliestellar.
We’d love to see you.
Jessie
~~~~~~
P.S. For those with kids, or with friends with kids, I’m offering GrownUp&Me Kids Yoga 5-5:45 Mondays in September & October at KMS school! Drop-in & series options available. I'm also hoping to start up zoom kids yoga again, so please get in touch if interested. And! I would love any help spreading the word. :)
P.P.S. Please save the date for Care Vs. Criminalization, Rethinking our Street Response to Homelessness at Medicine for Nightmares (24th and Harrison) ~ a community panel & briefing ~ Tuesday October 6th, 6:30-8pm. Moderated by Lukas Illa from the Coalition on Homelessness, Panelists tba.
P.P.P.S. My Nonviolent Communication teacher Newt Bailey’s Communication Dojo classes are still going strong on Mondays 7-9pm PST on Zoom (I am almost always there!), and he’s offering one of my favorite workshops Sundays October 18th-November 15th 10am-12pm PST “Communication in Intimate Relationships”, with an earlybird price until 10/13.
P.P.P.P.S. For those working with physical pain or wanting support shifting into a state with more ease, Feldenkrais is ongoing on Wednesdays at noon at ODC, with Emily Morrison (I am usually here too, a few minutes late!).
~~~~~~
Internet Places to Connect:
http://seaweedsway.bandcamp.
http://facebook.com/
http://instagram.com/
http://facebook.com/
http://instagram.com/

No comments:
Post a Comment